Last Updated: December 22, 2019
BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn (“BUTLER HOUSE”, “we”, “us” and “our”) takes the issue of safeguarding your privacy seriously. Our Privacy Notice describes what information we collect from Inn guests, and AMERICAN BUTLER SCHOOL students (collectively referred to as “Guests and Owners”) as well as visitors to the BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Innwebsite and mobile App, and the way in which BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn uses this information to better serve your needs.
This Privacy Notice has been adopted by all the distinct legal entities that manage and operate BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn branded Inn Managed by WOW BUTLER LLC. NEW YORK, USA, Bed and Breakfast properties. Those entities include BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn and its direct and indirect subsidiaries and affiliates, and all of the separate and distinct legal entities that manage BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn References to “we”, “us”, “our” and “BUTLER HOUSE” throughout this Privacy Notice, depending on the context, refer collectively to those separate and distinct legal entities.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about you as an identifiable individual. The personal information that we process includes:
- Basic information – such as name, age, gender, passport information and publicly available photograph;
- Contact information – such as your home address, zip/postal code, email address and phone number;
- Financial information – such as your credit card details, itemized spending and transaction history;
- Health information where disclosed and relevant to the provision of services;
- Preferences – such as special requests, service issues and other preferences for your stay;
- Technical information – such as information about the device you use to interact with us (including the unique device identifier, hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information, in the case of our mobile App); and
- Correspondence – when you contact us, such as to send an enquiry or make a request, any correspondence or application may be kept and added to your personal information.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to use our website and our mobile App;
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- to provide superior customer service to you;
- to assist us in making your reservation and providing the services you request at any of our properties;
- to process transactions through our website (including taking payment for purchases you may make through our website) and to assist in any inquiries about your transaction;
- for billing purposes in relation to your stay with us;
- to confirm prior transactions and reconcile statements or invoices;
- to contact you in relation to matters that arise from your stay with us;
- to send you newsletters regarding our properties and to advise you of promotions or to inform you of offers or other information that may be of interest to you (if, where required, you separately provide your consent for us to do so);
- to conduct surveys or focus groups to receive your views of our properties and service delivery (if, where required, you separately provide your consent to this);
- to respond to a specific “Information Request” from you about one of our hotels, resorts or residential properties and deal with any other enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised;
- for you to participate in one of our on-line promotions;
- if you become a House Residence, to create an owner profile that is stored in our property management systems;
- to analyses customer trends and insights; and
- to operate our business, including for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, statistical and research purposes and troubleshooting to help us improve our services.
Occasionally we will combine information from several Guests and Owners to better understand trends and your expectations. When this occurs, all identifiers are removed and the aggregate, anonymized information cannot be linked to any specific individual.
On what basis do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information on the following basis:
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, including financial reporting requirements imposed by government regulators and our auditors;
- to enter into agreements with you, and to perform our agreement to provide services to you when you stay with us;
- for legitimate business purposes – using your personal information helps us to operate and improve our business and minimize any disruption to the services that we may offer to you. It also allows us to make our communications with you more relevant and personalized to you, and to make your experience of our services more efficient and effective;
- because you have given your consent – at times we may ask for your consent to allow us to use your personal information for one or more purposes. See the Your Rights section for more information about the rights that you have if we process your information based on your consent; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or proceedings.
How is personal information collected?
We collect your personal information while monitoring our technology tools and services, including comment cards and email communications sent to and from BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn
Otherwise, we gather information when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly, for example:
- when you create a profile or sign in to access an existing profile on our website or App;
- when you make a purchase through our website;
- when you make a reservation online, by calling one of our Worldwide Reservation Offices or by contacting the Inn directly; and
- during your stay at a hotel, resort, Residence Club property or Private Residence, including information provided during check-in.
We also receive information about you from other sources, such as our business partners and publicly available sources. We combine information that we have about you from various sources, including the information that you have provided to us.
How do we protect personal information?
We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction, consistent with applicable data protection and privacy laws. For example, we allow only encrypted communications from all of our web forms, including when you provide your credit card information through our website.
The BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn property stores personal information in a secure location and we take steps to ensure that only designated individuals have access to this information.
What information is not secure?
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information that we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information. Also, while we endeavor to put adequate contractual protections in place, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information in databases hosted by third parties.
It is important to note that any e-mail communication is not secure. This is a risk inherent in the use of e-mail. Please be aware of this when requesting information or sending forms to us by e-mail (for example, from the “Contact Us” section of our website). We recommend that you do not include any confidential information (i.e. credit card information) when using e-mail. For your protection, our e-mail responses to you will not include any confidential information.
Finally, to be prudent, please be sure to always close your browsers when you are done using a form or the reservation site. Although the session will terminate after a short period of inactivity, it is best to close your browsers immediately upon completion, especially when using a public computer.
What personal information may be provided to third parties?
We may share certain of your personal information with:
- other BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn, and managed properties (event and training center);
- BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn.
- agents, contractors or third-party service providers of BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn who provide services to BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn to better serve your needs as a Guest or Owner;
- escrow agents, third party lenders and loan-servicing agents;
- a prospective buyer or investor if we sell any business or assets;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn in the improvement and optimization of the website and our mobile App;
- our professional advisors and auditors; and
- local or foreign regulators, governments, courts, law enforcement and national security authorities.
You may advise the hotel if you do not want personal preferences shared.
Where a third party is engaged by BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn to provide services on our behalf, BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn ensures these parties protect your Personal Information in a manner consistent with the principles articulated in this Privacy Notice.
In the case of third-party residential property developers, the particular developer’s website can be consulted for the developer’s policy on the collection, storage and use of your personal information.
If you have chosen to join a subscription list, please note that they are only used for internal purposes and we do not sell or rent our subscription lists to anyone.
If BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn suspects any unlawful activity is taking place, it may investigate and/or report its findings or suspicions to the police or other relevant law enforcement agency.
Transfers of your personal information outside your home country
Your personal information may be processed by BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn and its trusted third-party suppliers anywhere in the world, including in countries where data privacy laws may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in your home country.
In particular, your personal information will be stored in your guest profile in our Central Reservation System located in New York USA, and is available to all BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn management.
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country. These measures include data transfer agreements implementing standard data protection clauses.
Accessing your personal information
We understand that you may like to know what personal information we hold about you. We are happy to assist you with your request. To protect your personal information, however, we require that you prove your identity to us at the time your request is made.
When you make a request in person, we will require you to produce some form of photo identification such as a passport or a driver’s license and you will be asked to sign a request form.
Where you make a request by other means, we request you contact us in writing via email, fax or letter including a copy of a government issued identification and signature. We require home and business addresses and phone numbers so we can check them with our files and satisfy ourselves as to your identity.
The above information is required to create an audit trail of how the request has been handled.
BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn reserves the right to decline access to your personal information under certain circumstances as permitted by law. If your personal information is not disclosed to you, you will be provided with the reasons for this non-disclosure.
You may also be entitled to:
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or object to that processing;
- opt out from processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn is processing your personal information based on your consent); and
- request the receipt or transmission to another organization, in machine-readable form, of the personal information you have provided to BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn
Where you are given the option to share personal information with BUTLER HOUSE, you can always choose not to do so.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn you may indicate your wishes on your registration card when you stay with us or send an e-mail to: BUTLER@butler.house You will always have the ability to accept or decline any form of communication from BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn You may unsubscribe from electronic marketing communications at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link included in such communications.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
This could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes of processing described above (see ‘How do we use your personal information?’) or that you are unable to make use of the services offered by us.
After you have chosen to withdraw your consent BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law.
If at any time you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can do so by:
For all BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn guests:
- via e-mail at BUTLER@butler.house
- via letter –
1022 W Rd, Cherry Creek, NY 14723, New York, USA
How long is my Personal Information retained?
Your personal information will be stored for the period of time required by law in the jurisdiction of any hotel holding the information. This may involve retaining information following your stay. We will delete your personal information once it is no longer required for any of the purposes described above.
We will also keep your personal information where we need to do so in connection with a legal action or an investigation involving BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn
Any financial information BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn retains will be protected under the terms of this Privacy Notice and, where financing is arranged in the United States, under the Financial Services Modernization Act.
How is personal information affected by business transactions and/or transfers?
BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn manages properties on behalf of third-party property owners. BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn may disclose to such a property owner certain Guest or Owner information as required to implement business transactions between the property and a particular Guest or Owner. All other personal information is proprietary to BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn and is not shared with property owners. If we cease to manage a particular property, guest information required to process pending reservations and information that is historically shared with the property owner is retained by the property owner. All other personal information remains with BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn
BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn reservations/bookings cancellation policy:
- For guests making new individual reservations for any future arrival date, including pre-paid reservations with pre-paid deposits, changes or cancellations are permitted at no charge up to 48 hours before your scheduled arrival date.* Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- Bookings made same day of arrival or the day before are non refundable.
- If refund is permitted we will deduct any card transaction fees (if payment is done on our website using a credit/debit card).
- Some exclusions may apply including periods with special event restrictions or during peak demand periods.
- For reservations booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals, please contact the booking provider for information on their policies.
- For individual reservations booked into a pre-existing group block, please refer to cancellation terms quoted at the time of reservation.
- For group bookings we will work closely with you to manage any changes on a case by case basis. Our hotels are actively supporting customers to address the needs of each group, including moving event dates to another time. For questions on terms and conditions of group contracts please contact us directly to discuss further.
What laws apply to this notice?
BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn Managed by WOW BUTLER LLC. does business worldwide as BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn Under WOW BUTLER Limited Liability company is American LLC. incorporated under the laws of the Province of New York, USA. As such, USA’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act applies to our company. We apply the requirements of this law (and any other applicable laws) to how we handle all personal information wherever received, and each property managed by BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn also complies with the local privacy laws of the jurisdiction where it is located. All transfers of personal information between countries will be subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice and in compliance with these laws.
If you have additional questions regarding the law or if you feel we have not treated your personal information appropriately, you may contact us at anytime.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact writing to the following address:
WOW BUTLER LLC.
BUTLER HOUSE at The Cherry Creek Inn
1022 W Rd, Cherry Creek, NY 14723
New York, USA.